Nobody likes the prospect of a rainy trip, but let's face it: they happen. And when the rain starts coming down for hours at a time, you might start to feel that the razor-thin, super-small, ultra-light rain jacket that was so comfortable in your pack might not offer the kind of protection you're starting to yearn for. That isn't to say that it's not waterproof - rather, just that you might want some room to layer up, to store items, to pull your hands into your sleeves and out of the rain. The Outdoor Research Foray is a slightly relaxed-fitting jacket that you can really take shelter in during a long rainstorm, and still pack it away afterward thanks to its GORE-TEX Paclite fabric.
- Lightweight, waterproof/breathable 40D GORE-TEX Paclite fabric
- Fully seam taped, all-conditions protection
- Dual-pull adjustable hood
- Water-resistant pocket and TorsoFlo zippers
- Double-separating front zipper with external stormflap
- Double-sliding TorsoFlo hem-to-bicep zippers
- Zippered napoleon pocket
- Two zippered hand pockets
- Zippered internal chest pocket doubles as stuff sack
- Elastic cuffs with hook/loop tabs
- Dual drawcord hem adjustments
- TorsoFlo: Superior ventilation adjusts with hem-to-bicep or hem-to-pit zippers to meet changing conditions.
- Materials: GORE-TEX® 2L, 100% polyester 50D Paclite Technology
- Average Weight: 435 g (15.4 oz)
- Additional Information
Intended Use Backcountry Skiing, Camping, Commute, Everyday, Hiking/Backpacking, Rain Jacket, Ski/Snowboard Socks, Snowboarding, Travel, Winter Material Synthetic Properties Uninsulated, Waterproof Collection New Arrivals
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Amazing all season all-arounder for a slightly burlier packlight
After buying this in January as a shell at a decent price, I've found I can't stop using it. As an outer layer/shell on a snowy ski day the jacket shined. With the right layers under it I was kept very warm, the wind nearly didn't affect me at all, and I stayed nice and dry. As the snow turned to rain I kept using the Read More...
Amazing all season all-arounder for a slightly burlier packlightAfter buying this in January as a shell at a decent price, I've found I can't stop using it. As an outer layer/shell on a snowy ski day the jacket shined. With the right layers under it I was kept very warm, the wind nearly didn't affect me at all, and I stayed nice and dry. As the snow turned to rain I kept using the jacket and even before it's latest cleaning the jacket was still making the water falling on me bead and fall away. The only thing that compromised the waterproofing was a bit of blood and mud from a ride, and with a simple Tech Wash (Nikwax) the jacket was keeping me fully dry, breathing well, and not too sweaty again. All in all, the Gore-Tex Paclite works great and I see myself not using another shell for a while. It's surprising packability for it's thickness also makes it so easy to keep handy that I even use it on those random days, such as when I unexpectedly end up on rough seas with some friends in a sailboat...
Write Your Own Review