The new ANGE carabiners use the MonoFil Keylock wire gate system developed by Petzl. This system, halfway between the traditional gate mechanism and the classic wire gate system, combines the best of these two technologies to ensure an extremely smooth opening and closing movement. It has an exclusive H-profile, guaranteeing an excellent strength-to-weight ratio.
- The ANGE S carabiner is ultra-light (28 g) and compact: it is ideal for mountaineering and multi-pitch climbing where weight reduction is key
- Petzl's MonoFil Keylock ensures smoother opening and closing of the carabiner and a much longer lifetime compared to traditional wire gate carabiners. The wire gate is protected from lateral rubbing (against rock, etc).
- The unique H-profile allows an optimal size and strength-to-weight ratio
- The indent on the bottom of the ANGE S and ANGE L carabiners helps keep the STRING in place so that the sling is properly positioned on the carabiner.
- The surfaces that come in contact with the rope and with the anchor are wider, favoring passage of the rope and reducing carabiner wear
- The nose of the carabiner has a hole that allows ice, snow or dirt to be cleared out
- The deflector works with the shape of the carabiner to allow proper positioning of the carabiner on its major axis
- Additional Information
You may also be interested in the following product(s)