With a diameter of 7.7 mm and an extremely light weight, the PASO 7.7 mm rope is designed for ice climbing or technical mountaineering in cold, wet conditions. This rope benefits from the Duratec Dry treatment to improve longevity and performance in any conditions.
• Thin rope designed for very technical practices:
- thin diameter makes it lightweight
- use in mixed, snow or ice conditions, also when conditions are especially wet
• Greater longevity and ease of use in any conditions:
- Duratec Dry treatment: dry treatment makes the rope more resistant to water, dirt and abrasion; handling, grip and other
characteristics are retained longer in cold, wet conditions.
- UltraSonic Finish: the core and the sheath are bonded together at the rope ends by an ultrasonic process called UltraSonic
Finish; gives greater durability and avoids frayed ends
- ClimbReady Coil: specific coil makes the rope ready for use; helps the user avoid initial uncoiling mistakes and increases
• More effective belaying:
- Middle Mark: indicates the middle of the rope to facilitate maneuvers
- EverFlex treatment: special thermal treatment stabilizes the core strands and improves consistency; offers excellent grip and
consistent handling over time.
Lengths: 50 m, 60 m, 70 m
Diameter: 7.7 mm
Type (CE EN 892, UIAA): half rope, twin rope
Weight per meter: 42 g
Percentage of sheath: 33 %
Number of falls: 7 (half rope), 20 (twin rope).
Static elongation: 8.5 % (double rope), 7 % (twin rope).
Dynamic elongation: 31 % (double rope), 30 % (twin rope).
Shock load: 5.9 kN (double rope), 9.2 kN (twin rope).
Construction: 48 carrier
- Additional Information
Recommended Use Ice/Mountaineering, Trad/Multipitch Rope Type Half, Twin Rope Diameter Less than 8.9mm Middle Marker Middle Marked Dry Treatment Dry Treated