The Petzl Rig functions as a self braking descender.
- Designed for rope access work (expert users only)
- Multi-functional handle allows the user to:
- - unblock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
- - position himself while on the rope without tying off the device
- The automatic return system on the handle limits risks in case of an involuntary action by the user
- Handle storage position reduces the risk of snagging when the descender is being carried on the harness
- The safety gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates installation of the rope and passing intermediate anchors
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTPRO foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
- For single ropes between 10.5 and 11.5 mm in diameter