The logical evolution of the classic mountaineering ice axe, the SUM'TEC combines the qualities of a technical mountaineering ice axe - thanks to its curved shaft - and a classic mountaineering ice axe. Light and versatile, this ice axe has an adjustable hand rest and an interchangeable pick.
- The TRIGREST hand rest improves grip efficiency. Its position can be adjusted as needed, without tools - in the lower position, it improves grip and facilitates progression in steep sections; in the upper position, it allows the shaft to easily penetrate the snow.
- Ice axe designed for mountaineers looking to reduce weight (485 g for 52 cm)
- ALPIX curved pick is interchangeable and adapted to difficult alpine climbing
- Shaft is made of extruded, ultra-light aluminum with a curved upper section. This shape provides good clearance during ice climbing or in the snow and helps avoid impacts to the hands.
- The pick (3.5 mm) is designed for efficient penetration into ice and guarantees solid hooking on rock
- Pick is quickly and securely replaced with the unique screw lock system
- Wide oval holes in the head and in the spike facilitate clipping a carabiner
- Tilted adze directs the axe correctly into the snow (piolet-canne usage)
- Stainless steel spike ensures excellent grip on rock
- Available in two lengths
CE EN 13089 /UIAA
Type B pick (interchangeable ALPIX pick included)
Shaft: type T
- 52 cm: reference: U15 52, weight: 485 g with TRIGREST
- 59 cm: reference: U15 59, weight: 505 g with TRIGREST
- Additional Information