Modern ice axe for classical mountaineering.
The SUMMIT is designed for the modern practice of classic mountaineering. A result of the expertise acquired over many years, this product applies a new technical approach to this category of ice axes. The curved shaft provides the necessary clearance on steep or icy terrain. The light, forged steel head attached to the shaft ensures maximum efficiency.
- Hot forged chromoly steel head is curved to offer a comfortable, powerful grip
- The shaft is made of ultra-light aluminum with a textured rubber coating for a solid grip and great thermal insulation
- Curved upper shaft allows good clearance during climbing, while the straighter lower part guarantees efficient penetration in snow
- The pick is thin (3.5 mm) at the tip to ensure solid purchase in ice, and wide in the middle (8 mm) for soft snow
- Teeth are positioned and tapered to optimize holding power while descending (piolet rampe usage)
- Tilted adze directs the axe correctly into the snow (piolet-canne usage)
- Head and spike are equipped with wide, oval holes for easily clipping a carabiner
- Stainless steel spike ensures excellent grip on rock
- Ergonomically shaped spike is adapted to the shape of the palm and designed to avoid damaging the bottom of the grip
- Available in three lengths
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)