Pivot's goal when designing the Mach 429 Trail was to create a new category of trail bike – one that takes advantage of the best features of 29 and yet maintains the performance characteristics that make you forget about wheelsize and, instead, translate to the “best-ride-ever,” every time you ride.
Pivot produced many iterations of this new design, tweaking angles and measurements with each generation of prototype and ride testing every version until they created the perfect formula. The result? A bike with the incredible pedaling efficiency and small bump compliance of the dw-link® design, a slack front end and a short back end that is fast, flickable, and energy efficient.
To complement this new 29er formula, you’ll find Boost™ 148 spacing, Pivot's own hollow core, internal, high compression carbon molding and the obsessive detailing you expect from Pivot. Effortless trail bike handling, incredible power transfer and precise cornering are all yours, without compromise, in the perfectly balanced chassis of the Mach 429 Trail. It is the perfect choice for your next ride.
- Full carbon frame featuring leading edge carbon fiber materials and Pivot’s proprietary hollow core internal molding technology.
- New 12 x 148mm Boost rear spacing for maximum stiffness and control.
- Designed to work with forks from 120-130mm in travel.
- Fox Float DPS shock, performance tuned for the Mach 429 Trail.
- 29-inch wheels for the fastest laps and superior rollover in technical terrain.
- 27.5”+ capable!
- Easy to use mix of external and internal cable routing with Pivot’s internal cable port system.
- Internal dropper post compatible.
- Cold forged alloy linkages with Enduro Max Cartridge Bearings.
- Highly durable rubberized leather downtube and swingarm protection.
- Pivot’s innovative new mid-travel linkage design.
- 116mm of renowned dw-link® suspension tuned for trail handling. (truly feels like a 100mm bike when climbing and a 130mm bike when descending)
- Post mount disc brake mounts for precision and weight savings.
- PF92 bottom bracket for light weight, durability and ease of maintenance. Co-designed by Pivot Cycles and Shimano, now the industry-leading standard for high-end mountain bikes.
- New Pivot removable front derailleur mount for a clean frame design with 1X and perfect front shifting with Shimano’s side-swing 2X system.
- Medium frame weight: 5.9lbs including shock.
- Available in sizes S, M, L, XL for riders between 5'4" and 6'7".
MODEL Mach 429 Trail SLX FRAME MACH 429 CARBON TRAIL SHOCK FOX FLOAT DPS FORK FOX 34 PERFORMANCE 29" 130 BOOST 110mm HEADSET PIVOT SEMI-SEALED CARTRIDGE REAR DERAILLEUR XT 10Spd FRONT DERAILLEUR SLX Side Swing E-Type SHIFTERS SLX 10 Spd L/R BRAKES Shimano M615 CRANKS Shimano M627 22X36 BAR Race Face RIDE Riser 740mm GRIPS PHOENIX Lock On STEM PHOENIX RACE POST PHOENIX SPORT ALLOY SEAT PIVOT WTB VIGO SPORT CASSETTE SHIMANO HG50 11-36 10Spd WHEELS SUN/RINGLE CHARGER COMP BOOST F&R TIRES MAXXIS Ardent 29x2.25 TR SIZE S, M, L, XL
SIZES SM MD LG XL A SEAT TUBE LENGTH (C-T) 16.00 17.50 19.00 20.50 B TOP TUBE LENGTH 22.85 23.9 24.75 25.60 C HEAD TUBE LENGTH 4.00 4.00 4.70 5.90 D HEAD TUBE ANGLE 67.50° 67.50° 67.50° 67.50° E SEAT TUBE ANGLE 72.80° 72.80° 72.80° 72.80° F CHAIN STAY LENGTH 17.45 17.45 17.45 17.45 G BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT 13.19 13.19 13.19 13.19 H STANDOVER HEIGHT 28.54 28.98 29.29 30.04 I WHEELBASE 43.7 44.69 45.47 46.46 STACK 23.91 23.93 24.59 25.71 REACH 15.1 16.11 16.66 17.14
- Additional Information
You may also be interested in the following product(s)