Clean water with no pumping and no hassle, in no time at all. That's the promise of the Platypus Gravityworks system, which is about as simple as it gets - simply fill up the bag with water and let it flow down through the filter into your container of choice. This 2.0L version is the ultralight model, ideal for the needs of 1-4 people in the backcountry. It includes a 2L Platy™ Bottle to collect the filtered water and drink from when done, or you can use your own bottle or reservoir instead.
- Easy, Pump-free filtering
- Fast! 1.5-liters per minute
- Weighs as little as 7.2 oz. (203 g)
- Backflushes in four seconds in any configuration you choose, maintaining optimal performance with no additional parts.
- Proprietary Platy™ zip opening makes collecting water easy.
- Effective: Meets all EPA & NSF guidelines for the removal of Bacteria and Protozoa, including Giardia, Cryptosporidium, E. coli, Salmonella and Cholera
- Weight: 9.5 oz. - 7.0 oz. (269g-198g) (Depends on configuration. Includes stuff sack.)
- Made in USA of US and imported parts
- Additional Information
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
Two thumbs up!
This is the filter I most recommend. The main appeal is that it's easy to use. You stick the "dirty" bag in the river or stream, fill it, pull it out, close the top seam (which seems to want to close all by itself, not like an obnoxious ziploc bag), attach the tube, filter and "clean" bag (which is Read More...
Two thumbs up!This is the filter I most recommend. The main appeal is that it's easy to use. You stick the "dirty" bag in the river or stream, fill it, pull it out, close the top seam (which seems to want to close all by itself, not like an obnoxious ziploc bag), attach the tube, filter and "clean" bag (which is just one click of a simple attachment) and let it flow! It doesn't take long at all and leaves your hands free to eat a snack, swat at the mosquitos, give two thumbs up, whatever you want. You don't even have to wait till you get to camp. And, 2 liters is a good size for one person with an average thirst. You don't have to do as many rounds of filtering as you would with a 1 liter, and it's not as heavy as a 4 liter.
If you're considering this product, check out the Sawyer filter, too. I like the lighter weight and compactness, but I found the squeezing to be a mild chore, and the water bag volume to be slightly too small.
Packable and easy to use!
This filter is great! It packs down small and filters a couple of liters of water in just a couple of minutes. It's easy to clean by just reversing the direction. There is no pump, so it's important that your going to be near some sort of reliable water source.
Write Your Own Review