If you're looking for a top-of-the-line helmet to protect your dome, look no further. The Carbon X has a lot going on under the lid. With MIPS and RECCO technology and rock-solid carbon laminates to protect your noggin from impact, the helmet is equipped to keep pace with the hardest charging skiers and riders in the bunch. And it's comfortable, to boot.
- MIPS Helmet Technology: MIPS sets a new standard in helmet safety. Developed by brain surgeons and scientists to help address injury due to rotational acceleration with the goal to reduce rotational forces on the brain caused by angled impacts to the head.
- RECCO Avalanche Safety Technology: RECCO makes you searchable to professional rescuers in the event of an avalanche accident. The technology enables rapid directional pinpointing of a victim’s precise location using harmonic radar. The two-part technology consists of a RECCO® detector used by 700+ rescue organizations worldwide, and RECCO® reflectors that are integrated into apparel, helmets, protection gear, and boots. The reflector is permanently affixed, requires no training for use and needs no batteries to function.
- Vent Tuning Technology 3: Our highest performing ventilation system is adjustable for fully open, to half open to fully closed. Directional front intake vents power the system that draws heat and moisture out of the helmet. These intake vents feed cool air into the proprietary labyrinth channels without direct contact to your head. The ultimate all-conditions system.
- Ripcord Fit System (RCS): Designed by Pret, the Ripcord System (RCS) is the perfect micro-adjustable, compact and ergonomic fit system. Simply pulling up on the adjustment dial and the exclusive Ripcord feature instantly releases the system. One full turn gives you 4cm of micro-adjustment. Best inside fit and shape with 5 shell sizes to guarantee the perfect fit.
- Covert Ear Cover System: Quickly and easily remove your ear covers without messing with the fit system. Perfect for hot spring days when you have quick weather changes.
- X Static XT, Wool Blend: Made with 99% pure silver, X-Static® enhances products with a permanent anti-oder and anitmicrobal performance. It naturally inhibits the growth of bacteria in apparel and textiles, keeping odors in check and gear smelling fresher. X-Static® also has natural temperature regulating properties to keep you performing at your best.
- Audio-ready: Drop in your audio for seamless tunes while cruising the hill. Pret recommends Outdoor Tech® Chips® audio (not included) for a seamlessly integrated audio experience. However, most earbud style audio systems will fit underneath the Covert ear covers.
- SNAP Fidlock Magnetic Buckle System: One hand operation with automatic closure even with gloves on.
- Advanced Composite Technology (ACT): Optimized materials and construction. ACT places specific materials in key zones on the helmet, and only where they add performance. See photo above: A) Top Carbon Composite Plate. B) Rear Carbon Composite Plate. C) Side Carbon Composite Plate. D) Polycarbonate Shell Base. E) Strongest and Lightest Construction.
- Weight: 400g
- Circumference (inside helmet): 51-55cm
- Weight: 430g
- Circumference (inside helmet): 55-59cm
- Weight: 450g
- Circumference (inside helmet): 59-62cm
- Additional Information