Ultra lightweight narrow baffled down vest. The Microlight Vest uses 90g/3oz (size large) of 750 fill European goose down wrapped in a Pertex Microlight shell. The Microlight vest provides fantastic levels of warmth and comfort for the key core body area in a very lightweight package that stuffs into it's own pocket. The vest is ideal for all active users, fast and light activities from mountain marathons to Alpine ascents and cycle touring to mountain walking.
- Pertex Microlight 30D outer shell
- 90g (L) of 750 fill power superior quality European goose down
- Mini stitch-through baffles stabilise position of down
- 2 YKK zipped hand warmer pockets and 1 zipped internal chest pocket
- YKK front zip with internal down filled baffle
- Lycra bound hem and armholes
- Stuffs into the chest pocket
- Short cut
In 1981, British mountaineer Robert “Rab” Carrington started making down jackets and sleeping bags in Sheffield, England. Inspired by the new style of lightweight alpine climbing which he helped pioneer, Rab made it his mission to make equipment that would withstand “the most extreme conditions in the world.”
Rab’s product line has expanded dramatically since then, but Rab’s commitment to functionality, durability, and value remains as strong as ever. At GearX.com, we are continually impressed by Rab’s superb knowledge of technical fabrics (they were the originators of Pertex) and attention to small yet crucial details like high-quality zippers. No matter which Rab product you choose, you can be sure that it will be a faithful companion in the mountains.