When XC gets rowdy, the agile and playful Thunderbolt shines. Standing on 120mm of travel and equipped with 27.5” wheels, the Thunderbolt delivers a great mix of intuitive XC capabilities and pure playful trail fun.
Rocky Mountain's entire development team unanimously agreed on the need for a fun XC bike that stands on the shoulders of dedicated XC race bikes. By understanding attributes of a race bike, they tested and perfected the numbers to arrive at geometry that lends a more playful feeling to riding cross-country. RM was able to design a short 426mm rear end on the Thunderbolt, tucking the 27.5” wheel in close to the rider for lots of maneuverability and agility. At the same time, the top tube has been lengthened from traditional Rocky Mountain designs to accommodate for today's shorter stems and wider bars. Their engineers and test-riders like Thomas Vanderham experimented tirelessly to arrive at the bike's 68.5° headtube angle, balancing the unique handling properties of both XC and trail riding styles.
- FORM™ custom hydroformed alloy frame
- Fox 32 Float 27.5 120 Fit Dual Remote CTD fork
- 120mm of front travel with 3 suspension settings (climb - trail - descend)
- SMOOTHLINK™ design rear travel, 120mm with 3 suspension settings (climb - trail - descend)
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes with 180/160mm rotors
- Stan's ZTR Crest Tubeless Ready wheels with Shimano XT hubs and DT Swiss Competition spokes
- Continental X King 27.5" x 2.2" tires
- Additional Information
You may also be interested in the following product(s)