So what exactly is a pie iron? Simply stated, a pie iron is a way to cook grilled sandwiches and fruit pies over a campfire. Pie iron cooking is part of a unique cultural legacy that spans the globe. In many countries you can find hinged cooking devices similar to a pie iron being used to create stuffed, grilled, pressed or toasted food. Don't you want to be part of this?
- Food is placed inside of the square, cast iron cooking compartment that hooks together using a hinge
- A metal rod with a wood handle extends from the castings so the user can easily maneuver the pie iron over a campfire
- A few minutes over the heat and a perfectly toasted sandwich or pie emerges from the cooker!
- The double pie iron allows you to maximize cooking versatility: you can cook two grilled sandwiches at once, but it's also perfect for calzones, fish, pastys, chops and quick breads
- Since it's cast iron, you can let it cook in the coals like a dutch oven
- Each side of the cooker also serves as a small skillet
- Of course if that's all there was to a Rome pie iron, the company wouldn't exist, you wouldn't be reading this and Rome probably wouldn't have been making them since the early 60's. What the pie iron really does is bring together family and friends around a campfire to enjoy easy-to-cook snacks in a fun and inclusive environment.
- 4.5'' x 8.5'' head
- 28'' overall length
- 5.25 lbs
- Additional Information