How did Scarpa make one of the most of the radical alpine touring boots on the market? They took an award-winning, big-mountain, all-muscle driver, the Freedom SL, and tuned it up, of course! Meet the Freedom RS!
First Scarpa retuned the cuff in a stiffer polyamide material for less lateral flex and more control. They bumped the forward flex up to 130 and use a custom liner — thermo-moldable in the lower and a race-inspired, reinforced upper. The “Mountain Plus” sole mates with tech-style bindings, but can be swapped for the “Piste,” a straight-up alpine sole.
There is an enormous range of movement in walk mode, more control than your mother-in-law wants at Thanksgiving, and the same reliable hardware Scarpa uses on the SL – The Freedom RS. Get ready to send.
- Adjustable Spoiler
- Liner: Intuition Cross Fit Ride RS
- Oversized Power Strap
- Ride Power Block XT
- Vibram® Mountain Piste Sole
- Flex Index: 130
- Range of Motion: 25°
- Inner Boot: Intuition Cross Fit Ride RS
- Shell | Cuff: Pebax Rnew + Carbon | Polyamide
- Buckles: 4 + FR Power Strap
- Forward Lean: 13° & 21°
- Sole: Vibram® Mountain Plus
- Weight: 1990g; 4lbs 6oz (1/2 pair size 27)
- Size: 23.5 – 31
- Binding System: AT/TLT; Alpine DIN soles sold separately
- Forefoot Last Width: 101mm
- Additional Information
Binding Compatibility Alpine, AT, Tech Ability Level Expert Thermo-Moldable Liner? Yes Flex Rating Very Stiff Last Width (mm) 101 Collection Discount Ski Gear Sale