Meet the standard for lightweight alpine touring boots: the original, award-winning Gea ('shjay-ah'), the lightest women’s four-buckle AT boot on the market. With the Gea, SCARPA proves that a boot weighing 3lbs (women’s 25) doesn’t have to come at the expense of power.
These boots offer stiffness and uncompromising performance on par with many four-buckle AT boots that weigh significantly more across the board. An innovative Alpine Axial design allows the tongue to open to the side of the boot, giving the Gea the benefits of both overlap- and tongue-style boot construction. Translation: the Gea provides amazing volume adjustment, they’re easy to get in and out of, and there’s no unnecessary weight.
The Gea’s design offers a fit that’s anatomically accurate for a woman’s foot.
Finer points include magnesium buckles, plant-based Pebax® Rnew plastic, and compatibility with all alpine-touring bindings, including tech-style bindings.
- 40 degrees of cuff rotation allows ideal tourability
- Alpine Axial closure combines the best of both overlap and cabrio boot constructions: super easy to get in/out, excellent volume adjustment, and strong support on the downhill
- Assymetric tongue provides precise power transmission
- Dynafit Quick Step In system makes getting in/out of TLT bindings easier than ever, even in deep snow
- Intuition Pro Flex liner is factory molded for excellent out-of-the-box fit and can be thermo-molded for a precise custom fit
- Additional Information
Binding Compatibility AT, Tech Ability Level Advanced Thermo-Moldable Liner? Yes Flex Rating Stiff Last Width (mm) 101 Boot Specs
Flex Index: 100
Forefoot Last Width: 101mm
Range of Motion: 39°
Inner Boot: Intuition Pro Flex G WMN
Shell | Cuff | Tongue: Pebax® Renew
Buckles: 4 + Active Power Strap
Forward Lean: 13° & 16°
Sole: Vibram® Mistral
Weight: 1372g; 3lbs (1/2 pair size 25)
Size: 22.5 – 27
Binding System: TLT, AT