The Aztec3 is Scott's light hiking shoe - but if it looks like a trail runner to you, that's no accident. The Aztec3 combines a run-able upper construction and eRide sole geometry with a more substantial and hike-able sole that copes with rough, rocky terrain and multi-day trips better than your average trail runner.
Scott's eRide midsole is shaped differently than most: the heel is less rounded and lower profile than most, there is no arch under the midfoot, and the rise at the toe is more pronounced. All of these design elements are intended to promote a smooth, fluid, efficient stride that propels runners from heel to forefoot as quickly as possible. Check out the diagram at left to see the stride in motion.
Feature list from Scott:
- Reinforced materials provide great support and protection in rugged terrain.
- Vibram® outsole utilizing Vibram’s Supertrek compound, provides maximum durability and grip and is exclusive SCOTT running shoes.
- This shoe is for fun runs, hiking or enjoying the outdoors.
- Ergologic Fit upper, similar to the MK4, securely supports the foot for control on side hills, ascents and descents.
- Easy to deal with thanks to the quick lace system.
- Weight: 320g
- Heel to toe drop: 12mm
- Additional Information
You may also be interested in the following product(s)