The Snowpeak Giga Power is one of the two titans that dominate the category of upright canister stoves. Between this stove and the MSR Pocket Rocket, everyone else is just an also-ran. This featherweight, super-compact stove is barely noticeable in your pack, and all you have to do is click the Piezo igniter for an instant 10,000 BTUs of cooking power.
- Collapsible stove top screws onto standard fuel canisters from many brands (Snow Peak, MSR, Primus, Jetboil, Brunton, etc.)
- Built-in Piezo igniter sends out an electric spark that starts the flame once the gas is turned on; no matches required!
- The stove performs well in cold temperatures and can be reduced to a true simmer for actual cooking, not just boiling water for freeze-dried foods
- Fold-out wires provide support for most sizes of cooking pots; stable stove base allows cooking on varied surfaces
- Stove comes in a plastic box for easy packing; size specifications are based on storage box
- Fuel canister sold separately
- Weight (w/ no fuel canister) 3.75 ounces
- Dimensions 3.6 x 2.0 x 1.8 inches
- Average boil time 4 min. 16 sec.
- Burn time (max flame) (100g canister) 32 minutes
- Water boiled per 100g fuel 7.6 liters
- Additional Information
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
small and efficient
I have used this stove for many years now, and you'd think I bought it yesterday. The 4 prong pot base is plenty supportive for medium size pots, and the flame is focused and powerful enough for small narrow pots. The piezo works pretty well, although I do keep a lighter/matches on hand just in case. Super small and light, I carry this with me from day hikes to over nights.
Write Your Own Review