The Patrol Carbon is the highly anticipated premium option to Transition's well regarded aluminum Patrol. All the great features of the aluminum Patrol with a large reduction in weight and no compromise in strength. The carbon front triangle, seatstays and chainstays provide a crisp and responsive ride with excellent trail feel. Featuring all the same geometry and GiddyUp suspension, the Patrol Carbon is even more capable up and down mountains. The fully guided internal cable routing for rear brake, derailleur and seatpost are easy to use and rattle free. The collet main pivot keeps the rear end stiff and the threaded bottom bracket is a mechanics dream. With around a 600 gram weight savings over the aluminum Patrol the Patrol Carbon climbs like an E-bike, and descends like a downhill bike.
- Progressive Geometry - Long, Low and Slack
- Giddy Up Link Suspension, 155mm Rear and 160mm Front
- Integrated Rubber Chainstay Protection
- Collet Style Main Pivot Hardware
- ISCG05 Chainguide Mounting
- Syntace X12 Rear 142mm Axle and Universal Transition Derailleur Hanger
- Full Size Water Bottle Fits Inside Front Triangle
- User Friendly 73mm Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Tubes Inside Tubes Internal Cable Routing for Easy Setup
- Medium Frame Weight With Rear Shock: 6.5 lbs.
- Frame/Suspension: Patrol Frameset (TR Blue, Race Raw) / RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair Rear Shock / RockShox Pike RC Solo Air 27.5 160mm Fork
- Cockpit: RaceFace Ride 35 50mm Stem / RaceFace Chester 35 (780mm x 20mm) Handlebar / FSA No.57E Headset / Velo Single Clamp Grips / WTB Volt Comp (135x265) Saddle / KS Lev Integra w/ Southpaw Remote (150mm or 125mm) Seatpost
- Brakes: SRAM Guide R Brakes / SRAM Centerline (180mm) Rotors
- Drivetrain: SRAM GX 11spd Shifter / SRAM GX 11sp Type 2.1 Rear Derailleur / SRAM XG1150 (10-42) Cassette / KMC X11 Chain / RaceFace Aeffect Cinch (DM32t, 170mm) Crank
- Wheels: WTB STP i25 27.5 32h Rims / SRAM MTH 716/746 Hubs / Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5x2.3 EXO Dual Front Tire, Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5x2.3 EXO Dual Rear Tire
SIZES SM MD LG XL Reach (mm) 406 432 457 483 Stack (mm) 591 600 609 618 Effective TopTube (mm) 555 583 613 641 SeatTube (mm) 393 419 457 495 SeatTube Angle (Degrees) 76 75.4 74.9 74.5 HeadTube Length (mm) 100 110 120 130 HeadTube Angle (Degrees) 65 65 65 65 Chainstay (mm) 430 430 430 430 Wheelbase (mm) 1151 1181 1210 1240 BB Drop 15 15 15 15 Estimated BB Height (mm) 339 339 339 339 Standover Height (mm) 685 693 705 717
Fork Axle To Crown 552mm Fork Offset 42mm Rear Shock Size 216mm x 63mm Shock Hardware 21.8mm x 8mm Headset (Top) 44mm Zero Stack Headset (Bottom) 56mm Zero Stack BB Shell 73mm BSA Threaded Rear Brake Mount 160mm Post Mount Rear Axle Syntace X12 12mm x 142mm Front Derailleur Style SRAM S3 LDM or Shimano E2 ISCG Tabs ISCG 05 (2.5mm Offset) Seatpost Diameter 31.6mm Seat Clamp 34.9mm Max Chainring Size 36t Single or 26/38 Double Max Tire Size 27.5 x 2.5
"The Patrol Carbon is the bulldog that can win an agility contest; the Motorhead fan who secretly knows how to dance the salsa. Sure, the recipe to make a 155mm travel bike that shines on rowdy descents is relatively straightforward these days, but few companies have figured out how to bake-in the kind of all-around versatility that Transition has managed to do with their Patrol." - Mike Levy, Pinkbike
"While it's not downhill season in the PNW, I've taken the Patrol to one of our local shuttle spots on several occasions and actually preferred the Patrol over my downhill bike on those trails The confidence-inspiring geometry combined with the bottomless feel of the GiddyUp suspension allows me to charge like I'm riding my big bike." - Eric Brown, Freehub Magazine Click here for the full review
Images represent color scheme, not components/build of available models. Componentry is listed in description above. Size availability is variable. Call for details.
- Additional Information
- Product Videos
Introducing the Carbon Patrol