Finally a kid's bike for the junior rippers that ride more than a bike park. Transition's Ripcord is a 24" wheel kids bike designed to handle any trail condition. The Ripcord is designed to be comfortable for pedaling with size appropriate front end height, and confident handling from a 67 degree head angle and short 381mm chainstay. Strong enough for intermediate level bike park riding, and light enough for XC journeys; the Ripcord is one kid's bike that does it all. We have based the design around a 100mm travel 26" fork and a standard size rear shock so you have plenty of upgrade options down the road.
- Super Low Standover & Handlebar Height
- Standard Size Rear Shock
- Geo Designed Around 100mm 26" Fork For Easy Upgrade to Higher End Forks
- Air Shock and Air Fork For Easy Tuning
- Adjustable Reach Hydraulic Brakes
- Wide Range 1x9 Gearing For Simplicity
- Frame is 24" Wheel Specific (Not Upgradable to 26")
- Complete Bike Weight: 29.8 lbs.
- FRAME/SUSPENSION: Ripcord Frameset (Storm Gray Matte, Sky Blue Gloss) / RockShox Monarch R Rear Shock / RockShox Recon Silver TK 1.125" QR 26 100mm Fork
- COCKPIT: RaceFace Respond 31.8 (45mm) Stem / RaceFace Ride 31.8 (685mm x 25mm) Handlebar / FSA Orbit ZS-4D Headset / Velo Single Clamp Grips / WTB Volt (135x250) Saddle / RaceFace Ride Seatpost
- BRAKES: Shimano Deore M395 / Shimano RT54 (160mm) Rotors
- DRIVETRAIN: SRAM X5 10sp Shifter / SRAM GX 10sp Type 2.1 Rear Derailleur / SRAM PG1020 (11-36) Cassette / KMC X10 Chain / SRAM S1000 (30t, 155mm) Crank
- WHEELS: Jalco DD28 24 32h Rims / SRAM MTH 406 Hubs / Kenda Kinetics K887 24x2.35 Tires
- WEIGHT: 29.9 lbs.
SIZES ONE SIZE Reach (mm) 366 Stack (mm) 503 Effective TopTube (mm) 510 SeatTube (mm) 317 SeatTube Angle (Degrees) 74 HeadTube Length (mm) 90 HeadTube Angle (Degrees) 67 Chainstay (mm) 381 Wheelbase (mm) 1005 BB Drop -5 Estimated BB Height (mm) 309 Standover Height (mm) 576
Fork Axle To Crown 475mm Fork Offset 39mm Rear Shock Size 165mm x 38mm Shock Hardware 21.8mm x 8mm Headset (Top) 44mm Zero Stack Headset (Bottom) 44mm Zero Stack BB Shell 73mm BSA Threaded Rear Brake Mount 160mm IS Mount Rear Axle 10 x 135mm Front Derailleur Style None ISCG Tabs ISCG 05 (2.5mm Offset) Seatpost Diameter 31.6mm Seat Clamp 34.9mm Max Chainring Size 32t Single Max Tire Size 24 x 2.5
"He seems to be riding trails he's familiar with in half the time and at twice the pace. New moves are gobbled up on sight, and on more than one occasion he has brashly ridden into situations I felt were above his skill level, leaving me to watch with a warning dead on my lips, my heart in my mouth and pride in my heart. The Ripcord's front and rear suspension, with air springs easily set up for a lighter rider, provide comfort and control when the trail gets rough or fast. The wide, aggressive tires grip reliably in corners and loose conditions, creating a positive feedback loop of increasing confidence. Thanks to the long reach, short stem and wide bars, there's lots of room to move around on the bike, and the slack head tube angle allows for a comfortable, centred position in steep terrain. - NSMB.COM" READ THE FULL REVIEW HERE
"It's been so cool to enjoy real trails with my son. The Ripcord's versatility enables us to go out and have fun together on real mountain bike trails, without compromise. I've been so pleasantly surprised to witness how the Ripcord immediately made my son a more confident rider. He hits jumps, drops, and rough sections now that he wouldn't have dreamed of before. - Matt Thompson / Momentum Trail Concepts"
"It's a really fun bike, and that's what I like about it. I like riding downhill on it a lot a lot because I get to go really fast. It was the first time I went over a bunch of rocks and now it's actually kind of easy because I just pretend they don't exist. It was easy to figure out the gears and I climb hills a lot now and am getting used to the feeling. I like pedaling uphill and looking for a good downhill part where I can not pull the brakes at all and catch a lot of air! - Cash Thompson"
- Additional Information