The TR500 is a team rider favorite designed to win races, whip big jumps and crush laps at the bike park. Proven geometry with smart adjustment options and the most versatile setup choices on the market make the TR500 the ultimate downhill bike. The rear suspension leverage curve has been refined with years of input from our pro riders, and the geo has proven itself around the world. The TR500 is ready for anything you can throw at it, from gnarly race courses to big senders.
- Supports 26 or 27.5 Wheels
- 180mm or 203mm Travel Settings
- Integrated Fork Bumpers
- Internal Cable Routing
- Adjustable Chainstay Length, Head Angle and BB Height
- New Laser Etched Adjustment Markings
- New Laser Etched Adjustment Markings
- Medium Frame Weight With Rear Shock: 10.98 lbs.
- Cane Creek Double Barrel Air and Fox Float X2 Air shocks are not compatible with the frame due to clearance issues
- Frame/Suspension: TR500 Frameset (TR Blue Gloss, Stealth Black Matte) / Rock Shox Kage RC Rear Shock / RockShox Boxxer RC 27.5 Fork
- Cockpit: RaceFace Chester 35 DM 50mm Stem / RaceFace Chester 35 (780mm x 20mm) Handlebar / FSA No.57E Headset / Velo Single Clamp Grips / WTB Silverado Sport Saddle / RaceFace Chester Seatpost
- Brakes: Shimano Deore M615 Brakes / Shimano RT66 (203mm) Rotors
- Drivetrain: SRAM X5 Shifter / SRAM GX 10spd Type 2.1 Rear Derailleur / Shimano CS-4600 (11-25) Cassette / KMC X10 Chain / RaceFace Chester (36t, 165mm) Crank / Hive LG1 Nickel w/ 38t Direct Mount Bash Chainguide
- Wheels: WTB STP i25 27.5 32h Rims / Joytech DH Hubs / Maxxis Highroller II 27.5x2.4 DH Dual Tires
SIZES SM MD LG XL Reach (mm) 367 390 419 445 Stack (mm) 591 591 591 591 Effective TopTube (mm) 557 582 608 633 SeatTube (mm) 420 420 420 420 SeatTube Angle* (Degrees) 72.6 72.6 72.6 72.6 HeadTube Length (mm) 122 122 122 122 HeadTube Angle* (Degrees) 63 63 63 63 Chainstay* (mm) 442 442 442 442 Wheelbase* (mm) 1154 1180 1205 1230 BB Drop -4 -4 -4 -4 Spring Rate 350 400 450 500 *Geometry settings are shown in the low BB setting, long chainstay setting in the long travel 200mm mode.
Fork Axle To Crown 568-581mm Fork Offset 42-48mm Rear Shock Size 240mm x 76mm Shock Hardware 22.2mm x 8mm Headset (Top) 44mm Zero Stack Headset (Bottom) 56mm Zero Stack BB Shell 83mm BSA Threaded Rear Brake Mount 160mm IS Mount Rear Axle 12mm x 150mm Front Derailleur Style None ISCG Tabs ISCG 05 (0mm Offset) Seatpost Diameter 31.6mm Seat Clamp 34.9mm Max Chainring Size 38t Single Max Tire Size 27.5 x 2.5
" Transition has delivered again. It seems these guys have been on fire this year. It goes to show the passion and motivation of a small rider-owned company can really go a long ways in a world full of big budget marketing. This bike feels at home on very steep, chunky terrain and as speeds increase the length and slack geo will never leave you feeling insecure. " - Drew Rohde, Decline Magazine Click here for the full review
" The TR500 is something special, a downhill bike that feels familiar right out of the box, with impeccable handling that reduces the time needed to unlock its secrets and increases the amount of time available for pushing it as hard as possible. When you're spending hard earned dollars on lift tickets or race entry fees, the last thing you want is to waste time trying to relearn all the little handling quirks of a bike every time you roll it out of the garage. That's where the TR500 shines - just hop on and start charging, and the TR500 will get the job done in style, whether it's roaring across the finish line, or whipping sideways over a floaty booter. While it may not garner the same amount of press as the carbon race steeds of the World Cup circuit, that doesn't mean it's any less capable, and the adjustable geometry allows it to be configured to meet just about any rider's needs." - Mike Kazimer, PinkBike, Click here for the full review
Images represent color scheme, not components/build of available models. Componentry is listed in description above. Size availability is variable. Call for details.
- Additional Information