Tired of straining your neck while belaying and keeping your eyes on your climbing partner? Well then Up! Belay Glasses are the perfect solution at a great price. Featuring a special lens that redirects your sight-line upward, Up! Belay Glasses are an excellent way to prevent neck strain and injury, while making it easier to remain attentive while belaying.
- Up! Belay Glasses™ are extremely easy to use but it may take a moment or two to adjust to the new feeling.
- The manufacturer recommend practicing with your Up! Belay Glasses™ at home or in a safe area before heading to the gym or crag.
- Tilt your head down and look over the glasses to see your surroundings.
- Go through the motions of belaying until you are comfortable doing so without looking directly at the rope and belay device.
- The manufacturer recommends placing your Up! Belay Glasses™ at the tip of you nose until your climber is 15-20ft off the ground and is clipped into protection.
- Once your climber is safely protected from a ground fall, use your free hand (NOT YOUR BRAKE HAND) to move your Up! Belay Glasses™ into position in front of your eyes.
- Look straight ahead and enjoy a comfortable, relaxed belaying position while viewing your climber through the lenses.
- Many users find it useful to attach a keeper cord to the arms so they can be placed around your neck when not in use.
- Additional Information